Is Debbie Tilley Available?

Is Debbie Tilley available?
On June 28, 1995, yes that was 15 years ago, my rep, Richard Salzman received a call from the art director at Gallaudet University Press. Is
Debbie Tilley available to do samples for an up coming project? We're going to be publishing a signing dictionary for children, needing
around 1000 illustrations.... and that's how it all started....

Fast forward 15 years:
On December 4, 2010, Richard, my rep received an email from the Editorial Director of Gallaudet University press, they were ready to get started
on the Children's Sign Language Dictionary! I think that is the longest lead time in freelance history! As it turned out, I had been illustrating children's picture
books nonstop for a long time. The thought of doing 1,000 individual drawings sounded so great to me, I couldn't wait to get started.......

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Word: SEE


When I send more than one idea for a word, unless it's a total reject, I can usually find another use for the other sketch.  In this case, Ivey chose the sketch of the girl and the eye chart. Ok, so if at all possible, I'll find a word for microscope guy somewhere.  So I'll just scan through the words and come up with one, I think TINY is one of the words, (mental note......check for TINY...)

No comments:

Post a Comment